sabato 30 giugno 2012

Work Experience


                         

Today I learned how a gall bladder and quadrant of breast with lymph's glands of the underarms                                                           look like. I also saw a part of a colon and a huge cyst on an ovary. 
I saw how a tumour looks like in the breast and i lean red that when the lymph nodes are swallowed it means that the tumour infiltrates there, they have swallowed due to its presence. The tumour appeared hard when touching it, its colour was white/grey, and its shape was irregular and was infiltrating the surrounding. 

I asked my sister to have a look at my blog and she criticised the fact that using a scalpel was the best experience of my life, adding that I was insensitive towards patients. Actually, I cannot change it because it was the best experience. I am aware of the fact that people are in pain but to undertake the pain doctors have to love their jobs, and I loved using a scalpel because it allowed me to see what was inside, to analyse the organ and look for a cure. Moreover, at the moment I took the scalpel I became cold, rational, all my attention was focused on the instructions of the analyst and the organ in font of me.  

Attending this work experience is teaching me many aspects of the world of medicine, and step by step it is introducing me in the painful aspects of it. I asked to be present on the day in which they will inform the patient of the possible metastasis. 







Nessun commento:

Posta un commento