mercoledì 27 giugno 2012

Work Experience

                     
                                         

Today was the best day of my life....I used a SCALPEL!!!! 
I, personally, cut organs and help analysts to analyse the pieces. I have been under examination and i was given an uterus to take care of, so i opened it and cut into pieces to be analysed.

So I took three pieces of the uterus to be examined, these are:
1) Sample of the myoma present in the uterus;
2) Sample of the ovaries and attached;
3) Sample of the cervix.

I left them into formalin to then me dehydrated into different concentrations of alcohol. Afterwards, I will put them into paraffin, and as the tissues had been dehydrated they easily absorb the paraffin, which will wax them so to be cut into thin slices and put them into slide to analyse them under microscope.

When i held the scalpel it was like all the anxieties and fears of not being able disappeared as soon as i got the scalp in my hands. My heart beat stabilised and i normally fallowed the instructions of the analyst. It was the best experience of my life. 
I saw two fetus, one of 1 months and the other of days. It was sad seeing a life without future. Therefore, a doctor there told me, Giulia do not worry think that he or she does not have to encounter school, teenager problems and life in general. They are little angels leaving this world, and to believers, to go to somewhere better. 

Medicine is a huge world were all pieces are in order, and when something takes place and changes this order i want to be able to put all the things back in order. Medicine is challenge, I love challenges... and today I love my uterus and my scalpel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!













Nessun commento:

Posta un commento