giovedì 30 agosto 2012

Medicine to me

Being a medics has changed my entire life. For the first time I feel that all my talents are being used and somehow, I have the consciousness that one day  they will be shared with others which transforms my temporary 'sacrifice'  into an interesting competition that must be won.

Everyone who has the aim to become a doctor, in the UK, must have a busy and devoted timetable. However, this is not a problem for me as I can cope with it. It is not my merit just my character. What has been challenging, and in a kind of strange way interesting (as it is everything new) for me, was to educate myself to a new language, culture and, as I did not study sciences at my secondary school, getting all the new notions in less than year.
I am a really competitive person and so being in London with poor knowledge, well, this part has been the hardest to face. But I did not give up and I do not intend to do so.
The work experience I did had strengthen my will as I really enjoy the contact with patients but above all using a scalpel made me fell in love even more with medicine, as my heart beats towards surgery.

I do want to succeed in medicine and I will do whatever is needed to get into a future into which medicine is present. I think that each of us is born with a gift and we must work hard to improve it, the hardest part is to understand what gift we have.

To my point of view all jobs are fundamental without differences of classes and levels. Everything can be difficult but it depends on us, on the other hand difficulties are needed to train us, improving our skills. It is better to live a life on a road going uphill than downhill.

The sport I do, show jumping (horses), has increased my determination, calm and rationality which I realised is really helpful.

Being rises up in a small city had positive and negative effects. Over here the level of education is not high enough, which had put me into harder work now, also the reactionary plays a negative role in everyday life not allowing the people who have talents and will to succeed to do so. Moreover, we lack of financial loans thats because of the corruption, therefore the professionals constantly face problems when practising their job.
The positive aspects are: Due to the fact that globalisation was not able to reach my little city I grew with sane principles of life which, living alone, I realised are at the basis of a solid life. I did not undertake all the stressful life style children have in big cities which can be the cause of depression and personal problems. On the other hand, it is also true that they may have a bigger chance of getting a job easier, but to be honest I think that burning the steps of childhood means burning the biggest piece of life. Therefore the question...How can we think about a florid future if we live an unpleasant life?

I got to the point in which I understood that I need of medicine and I need of a good university which understands my dedication and will to improve and do better. I know I have tons of things I have to learn but here I'm just ready to do so. Here my Journey to medicine begins.............





Nessun commento:

Posta un commento